Feeding Our Communities | Fifth Third Bank (South Florida) has partnered with The Salvation Army to collect 5,300 pounds of non-perishable food items during the “Feeding our Communities” food drive. Bank employees and customers – as well as local businesses and community residents – are encouraged to contribute non-perishable food items. Donations will be accepted at all Fifth Third Bank (South Florida) branches through April 24. Food collection bins are set up at all 53 Fifth Third banking centers. 449-7088.
Wednesday, April 1
- Feeding Our Communities Fifth Third Bank (South Florida) has partnered with The Salvation Army to collect 5,300 pounds of non-perishable food items during the “Feeding our Communities” food drive. Bank employees and customers – as well as local businesses and community residents – are encouraged to contribute non-perishable food items. Donations will be accepted at all Fifth Third Bank (South Florida) branches through April 24. Food collection bins are set up at all 53 Fifth Third banking centers. 449-7088.
- Flavors of Matlacha Tour This delightful history, public art, eco and taste adventure combines Matlacha’s salty history with the signature tastes of this cracker fishing village-turned artist colony. Tours begin at The Lovegrove Gallery & Gardens, 4637 Pine Island Road NW, Matlacha. $13. 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Reservations required 945-0405. truetours.net
- Health Park Farmers Market Farmers Market comes to Health Park, featuring the finest local produce and citrus. Joined with specialty vendors to offer many wonderful foods and craft products. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. The Village Shoppes at Health Park, 16200 Summerlin Road, Fort Myers. 470-9007.
Thursday, April 2
- Coconut Point Farmers Market Peruse the market for fresh produce, local seafood, meats, beautiful flowers, locally harvested honey, baked goods, and even dog treats! You can also find one-of-a-kind handcrafts for sale. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursdays. Coconut Point, 23130 Fashion Drive, Estero. 691-9249 buylocallee.com/farmers-markets/coconut-point/
- Lobstermania Every Thursday Parrot Key offers a variety of lobster specials. Choose to have it steamed, baked, broiled or get a set of twin lobster tails. 4-10 p.m. Parrot Key Caribbean Grill, 2500 Main St., Fort Myers Beach, 463-3257.
- Wicked Dolphin Rum Distillery Tours and Tastings Come see how award winning Wicked Dolphin Florida Rum is made. Tours are available Tuesdays, Thursdays at 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. Wicked Dolphin Distillery, 131 SW 3rd Place, Cape Coral, 242-5244. wickeddolphin.com
Friday, April 3
- Lakes Park Farmers Market one of the largest in Lee County, this farmer’s market has over 60 vendors offering fresh produce, fruit smoothies, meats, seafood, and more. Also, look for unique and hand-crafted gifts. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Fridays. Lakes Park, 7330 Gladiolus Drive, south Fort Myers. 691-9249. buylocallee.com/farmers-markets/lakes-park-farmers-market/
Saturday, April 4
- Bonita Springs Farmers Market locally grown and produced items including everything from garden-fresh fruits and vegetables to cut flowers, decorative plants, baked goods, seafood, honey, and more. 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays. Promenade At Bonita Bay, 26811 S. Bay Drive, Bonita Springs. 691-9249. buylocallee.com/farmers-markets/bonita-springs-farmers-market/
- Cape Coral Farmers’ Market Fresh local produce, Gulf-fresh seafood, baked goods, native plants and trees, crafts, jewelry, and live music by Dave Lapio, John Friday and Yard Dog Charlie. 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, through May 9. Authorized EBT/SNAP. Cape Coral Farmer’s Market, SE 47th Terrace and SE 10th Place, Club Square, Cape Coral. 549-6900. capecoralfarmersmarket.com
- Greenmarket Farmers Market Find local produce, seafood, honey, cheeses, baked goods, plants and gardening supplies, and more. Live music, free Wi-Fi, and free classes in a natural setting that the family can enjoy. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays. Alliance for the Arts, 10091 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers, 939-2787.
Sunday, April 5
- Champagne Jazz Brunch Brunch hours 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Enjoy a fantastic seafood, champagne brunch and relaxing jazz music with Jazz Duo: Vocalist, Jean Frye Sidwell and Bassist, Chris Sidwell. 11 a.m.-2 p.m. $49 adults, $24 children age 5-12, free age 5 and younger. Hyatt Regency Coconut Point, 5001 Coconut Rd, Bonita Springs, 444-1234. .coconutpoint.hyatt.com
- Farmers Market Koreshan State Historic Site will be hosting a Farmers Market starting Nov. 9 from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. To date, there are over 25 vendors registered with the best fruits and vegetables to be found along with many other items. $5 parking fee. Koreshan State Historic Site, 3800 Corkscrew Road, Estero, 992-0311.
- Sunday Brunch Piano and vocals for Sunday brunch with Michael Moore-Kelly, open to the public. 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Herons Glen Golf and Country Club, 2250 Avenida Del Vera, North Fort Myers, 731-4545.
- Special Easter Menu Naples Grande Beach Resort’s brand-new vibrant seafood restaurant, The Catch of the Pelican, is offering a three course pre-fixe menu for Easter on Sunday, April 5. The menu will feature locally sourced produce from Chef Tim Yoa’s on-site farm and Rabbit Run Farm and diners can also choose items from the raw bar, fresh seafood from the “catches” section of the menu, and steaks. Reservations can be made through the resort’s website or by calling 855-453-0716. noon-8 p.m. $59. Naples Grande Beach Resort, 475 Seagate Drive, Naples
- Sanibel Island Farmers Market This must-see shopping destination with over 45 vendors is home to our area’s most treasured natural assets. Browse for fresh bread, local produce, honey, seafood, meats, and cheeses. Sundays 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sanibel City Hall, 800 Dunlop Road, Sanibel. 691-9249 . buylocallee.com/farmers-markets/33-2/
- Sunday Jazz Brunch extensive buffet and made to order omelets and Eggs Benedict. 10 a.m.-1 p.m. $13 adults, $7 children 10 and younger. George and Wendy’s Sanibel Seafood Grille, 2499 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel. 395-1263. sanibelseafoogrille.com
- Village Green Market Enjoy a green market by the bay every Sunday offering fresh produce, handmade and homemade specialties, and fine foods. 8 a.m.-2 p.m. The Village on Venetian Bay, 4200 Gulfshore Blvd. N., Naples. 403-2202. venetianvillage.com
Monday, April 6
- Fletchers Farmers Market Fresh Local Produce, Local Vendors 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays. Fletchers Farmers Market, 627 Cape Coral Parkway W, Cape Coral, 542-7878. fletchersgrille.com
- Monday Rib Night Full rack of slow cooked baby back ribs served with fries and slaw. 5-10 p.m. $18. George and Wendy’s Sanibel Seafood Grille, 2499 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel. 395-1263. sanibelseafoodgrille.com
Tuesday, April 7
- Homemade Spaghetti and Meatball dinner Dine in for $6 or take out $6.25 and is open to the public from 5-7 p.m. American Legion Post 38, 1857 Jackson St., Fort Myers, 332-1853. alpost38-swfl.org
- Lunch Cruise This cruise focuses on the fishing cultures of Pine Island Sound from the indigenous Calusa to the spectacular Tarpon and sport fishing of today. Inclues lunch at the Historic Tarpon Lodge and guided walk on the Calusa Indian Mound Trail. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. $45 adult, $35 children. Captiva Cruises-McCarthy’s Marina, 11401 Andy Rosse Lane, Captiva, 472-5300. captivacruises.com
- Surfside Sunset Market indoor shopping from May to November, outside November thru April. Fresh, healthy and local produce bakery items, Micro-greens, handcrafted soaps and lotions, local honey, jams and jellies and more. 3-8 p.m. Tuesdays. The Shops at Surfside, 2354 Surfside Blvd., Cape Coral, 549-6900 ext 101.
Saturday, April 11
- Fairy Tea Party Enjoy treats, tea sandwiches, punch and tea in the butterfly garden. Feel free to wear fairy or butterfly wings. Registration is required at least one week in advance and there is a limited number of spaces. (3-12 years)The Fairy Tea Party is also available as a private party – call to make special arrangements. 11 a.m.- noon. $15-$23. Rotary Park, 5505 Rose Garden Road, Cape Coral, 549-4606. CapeParks.com
- Fifth Annual Crawfish Boil The Boys & Girls Club of Collier County is hosting the Fifth Annual Crawfish Boil on April 11, starting at 3 p.m. The event is open to the public and will feature authentic Louisiana themed food and crawfish, live entertainment, activities, raffles, give-a-ways and more. Tickets are $25. Kids 12 and under are free. The event is a friendraiser, to increase awareness of the Club and the valuable resources it offers to our local community. All proceeds will benefit 3,000 of the most at-risk children and teens in Collier County. 3-7 p.m. Boys & Girls Club, 7500 Davis Blvd, Naples, 325-1718. bgccc.com/news-and-events/event/crawfish-boil-2015
- Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser Luvybear Quilts 4 Tots fundraiser with door prizes, raffles, special entertainment and more. $5 for adults and $3 for kids 8 and younger. 8 a.m.-noon. Italian American Club, 4725 Vincennes Blvd., Cape Coral. 770-8277.