If you didn’t clean your closet in the spring, organizers of the Coats for Kids drive hope you will organize it soon.
Donations of new or gently used coats, hats, gloves and scarves are being accepted through Nov. 7 for the annual collection.
It’s not just young children being served by this collection. Coats are needed for infants through high school students, so sizes youth 0 to adult 3X are sought.
More local businesses are offering collection space for the coats this year.
Those who don’t have a coat to give but who want to donate money can submit a check to the G101.3 radio station, 2301 W. Main St.
Armstrong Cleaners & Formal Wear again is donating cleaning services.
Families can apply for a coat through the Salvation Army Citadel at 700 S. A St., Richmond, which is handling coat distribution.
Last year, 912 coats were collected, including 136 new coats. Other gifts included 81 pairs of gloves, 38 scarves and 79 hats.
In 2012, about 600 coats were donated.
Manpower is the title sponsor with G101.3 the host for the local collection.
Where to give
Coats and accessories may be dropped off at First Bank and West End Bank locations, plus:
- Manpower, 500 E. Main St.
- RMD/Patti, 36 S. Ninth St.
- Richmond Power & Light, 44 S. Eighth St.
- Best-One Tire & Service, 100 N. Seventh St.
- Williams & Keckler LLC, 808 S. A St.
- Armstrong Cleaners, 1019 N. A St. and 651 N.W. Fifth St.
- Subway East (4340 National Road E.) and West (1726 National Road W.)
- Georgia Direct Carpet, 5200 National Road E.
- Buffalo Wings and Rings, 500 Commerce Road
- Natco Credit Union, 4 Glen Miller Parkway and 582 S. Round Barn Road
- G101.3, 2301 W. Main St.
To learn more, call (765) 966-2664.